What should I do if I've been in a car accident?

If you've been in an accident, there are a few steps you should take to make sure you're safe and that the correct authorities are notified.

First, make sure you're out of harm's way. You may need to get assessed by EMS. If so, stay put—it's not worth risking your own health or the health of others just to get out of an accident scene quickly.

Once you've made sure everyone is safe and accounted for, it's important to exchange information with anyone else involved and any witnesses that can help explain what happened. You'll also want to report the accident to the police if anyone was injured.

Finally, go home or to someplace safe where you can call your insurer who can help coordinate repairs. Consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible so they can begin looking into your case and getting ready for any potential lawsuits down the road.


Who is responsible for paying my bills if I am injured by someone's negligence?

It depends on whether you have insurance or not. If you do have insurance then your insurer will likely pay your medical bills unless they are able to successfully argue that they are not liable for your injuries. If you don't have insurance then your medical bills will be paid by your own pocket unless they are able to successfully argue that they are not liable for your injuries.


What should I do if I think someone has caused me harm?

The first thing to do is call us now 403.278.9411 or fill out our free initial consultation request form so we can begin investigating your claim immediately.


What kinds of personal injury law do you practice?

We have a team of lawyers and paralegals who are experts in personal injury law. We help victims of motor vehicle accidents, serious personal injury, fatal accidents, concussions, and other brain injuries, medical malpractice, pedestrian and cyclist accidents, slip and falls, disability insurance claims, and other types of negligence cases.


What is medical malpractice?

Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, dentist, chiropractor, hospital, nurse or any other certified health care practitioner fails to provide you with the standard of care that would be provided to a patient under similar circumstances. The result of this can be physical injuries and even death.